Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Almost There

25 days and counting until my first half marathon. September 28th I'll be running the Capital City Half Marathon. I hope to do this in under 2 hours. This will be my longest distance ever in running. I also plan to run another triathlon in East Lansing in October.

Another good first for me, yesterday I rode my road bike for 35 miles in under 2 hours. That's my farthest distance.

Now if I can only pin down the swimming. A swim coach can cost me upwards of $60 / hour. So I'll be waiting for that.

Other news:

I ran another triathlon August 10th. I finished 7 of 14 in my age group and 83rd overall of 196. I feel good about this.

Late in August I also ran a 5k just to find my race pace. I finished my first mile in 6:48 then I tapered to finish with my fastest time of 23:01. I placed 2nd in my age group with that time.

So we'll see where things go from here. Thank you for all of the encouragement. I hope to start updating this blog as a way to stay connected with you all with my training updates and successes.

Lastly, I started Fire Officer classes last night. These will be night classes and will go until May 2009. Seems like a long ways away, but in the long run it will be good for me to get the classes done now.

No comments: