November starts a new BT Challenge for me. The Challenge - 5X USMC Challenge
This challenge was started by a US Marine / Triathlete. As the Marines recently changed their workout / PT requirements from 3 days a week to 5 days a week. Our challenge is a basic match of that change - Workout at least 30 minutes a day with a minimum of 5 days a week for the month of November.
Here are the rules:
- A PT session must be at minimum 30 minutes per day, but what you do for PT is up to you as long as it hold training value. (A massage does not count as PT)
- Basically if it is cardio, strength training, or athletic sports it is fair game.
- For each PT session completed you will get a point. It is a hit or miss system, so only one point allow per day and only if you get the 30 minutes required for that day.
- With a little room for those overachievers there will be a max of 22 points allowed for the month. That is based on a M-F schedule that the Marine Corps Follows which is 20 days in Nov plus a 10% extra. The most points allowed during a week will be 6 points and that is only allowed twice.
- Team with the highest average of % Completion wins.
Time Periods: The cut offs for the time periods will be Nov 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 30th.
I'm In! I'm a glutton for punishment. Plus this gives me more motivation to improve my workouts on the new trainer.